Almost a full month in to the new year and I’m keeping on pace with the goals I set for myself. Aside from the goals and intentions I’ve set for the year, I try to constantly remind myself of why life is so great. We’ve had some great past few years and I want that continue for our family. Sure we have our struggles and nothing is perfect, but I try to focus on the positive and keep looking towards the future.
Each week I set my intention for the week – the one word or phrase I want to focus on that will help with my positivity and keep me on track with the goals I have. The one way of doing this is keeping track of all the things that make me happy. Sometimes I jot down what happens during the week, or a memory that pops into my mind.
The list changes constantly as it should. Keep reminding yourself of all the things that put a smile on your face, regardless of how little or basic it may seem.
Going into the week my current intention is happiness so it’s only fitting to share my current 10 things that make my happy…
- My morning coffee. It’s the little things that get me started in the morning and coffee is one of them. I have a routine when I get to the office each morning and one of the first things is getting my coffee.
- Reality TV. After a long day at work or when the girls are going crazy, there’s nothing more satisfying than sitting down and binge watching some of my favorite Bravo shows. Real Housewives just puts me in the best mood if I need a mindless, thought clearing activity.
- Home Decor. I’m not an interior designer, but I do enjoy changing up our house as we go. Even if it means small little changes like wall colors or adding a new rug to a room. We’ve been in our house for almost 3 years now and I have it almost to where it’s perfect.
- I’ve been working out 4 times a week since the beginning of the year and it feels great! All that extra holiday weight that I added on seems to have fallen off and I’m back on track.
- Since Adam and I got married we have enjoyed making dinner almost every night and love trying out new recipes. There is something relaxing about cooking dinner and putting it all together.
- Vacation! This year we are headed north toMichigan for our family vacation with my side of the family. We’ve never been to Michigan for vacation and we are looking forward to going somewhere new and changing up our routine.
- Warm winter days. This winter has been erratic that it’s hard to keep up on what it’s going to be each day. One day we get 2 inches of snow and 3 days later it’s 55, sunny and feels like Spring. I’m loving it despite the craziness involved. It means sweaters without coats, or jackets layered over light shirts.
- Fitting into the smallest jeans in my closet. I’ve had these jeans since before Ava was born and finally I fit back into them. It happened right before Thanksgiving but then I stumbled with my healthy eating ways and working out…and fitting into the jeans didn’t happen again until this weekend!
- Ava and Quinn have reached this stage where they actually play with each other now. Ava is slowly opening up to her sister and we catch them in the sweetest moments of laughing and playing together. It warms my soul knowing that they may actually be best friends one day.
- We’re seeing Justin Timberlake in May when he comes to Columbus. Adam took care of getting us great tickets and planning the entire thing. I guess all of my not so subtle hints paid off.